As with any crazy intense workout, the second day is always the toughest and most difficult (like walking, laughing, climbing stairs..) so, day 2 of blogging should be pretty similar right?
After my first post, now I should be scrambling for a direction to take or an angle to focus on. Well, lucky for me, my mind travels about 3737733 mph, so whether I’m thinking about my next tweet, Instagram caption, playlist name, etc.. I am always thinking. So, I knew exactly what my 2nd blog post should deal with from the moment I posted my 1st: FOOD.
I can’t exactly emphasize enough how my much I enjoy a good meal; in fact, as many athletes and college students know, our days basically revolve around when our next meal will be. Because it’s officially the holiday season (the Christmas music in stores tell me so), I know that we will all be home for a bit with our families over the holidays. And it wouldn’t be a holiday without mouthwatering food and secret recipes. Well, lucky for me, I love cooking and good food; in fact I cooked for my family last night. Although my “secret recipes” come straight from my “food” board on Pinterest, I’m still learning to add an extra thing or two to the recipes. Below you will find a few of my go-to recipes & a few recipes that I plan to make over this holiday season. Ps.. if you’re looking for fried chicken recipes or greasy, meaty recipes.. you may need to look elsewhere. Happy cooking & Happy browsing.
1. Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Chicken : made, loved, made again, loved again.
2. Healthy Chicken Salad : a go-to, quick meal for lunch, dinner, over a salad, a snack.. you name it.
3. Smothered Chicken : great, simple meal with few ingredients & freedom to add other ingredients as you please.
4. Cauliflower Crust Pizza : next on my list of recipes to try
5. Feta & Sun-Dried Tomato Salmon : can never go wrong with salmon..yum!
6. Cashew Chicken : I mean.. just think about it
7. Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce : self- explanatory…
8. Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites: a bit of a splurge but…. shhhh
9. Avocado Salad with Almonds & Balsamic : back on the health food track whew
10. Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oatmeal : had to stop somewhere..tis the season anyways..
I could go on for days, but hopefully this short list inspires some holiday cooking in your kitchen. So, back to the original question.. I would call this post a Success in my book (or kitchen). Enjoy!